Formal wear is meant to be worn when it’s dark and the sun is nowhere to be found. During the summer, when it’s sunny and 90 degrees outside, you don’t want to be sweating bullets in that three-piece suit; so here are some alternatives.
Bacco Bucci shoes are great for wearing to outdoor weddings. They’re light, comfortable and suitable for any casual dress needs.
Keep it light
Nobody wants to sit next to the sweaty guy, so keep it light on the layers. You don’t need to prepare for a snow storm, so a shirt, a tie, and a vest would be perfect for the occasion.
Ties can make a huge impact on the look, don’t go wearing dark colors because summer is a time to show off bright eye catching colors. Pair the tie with a pastel shirt, a khaki suit and some spectacular loafers and you’ll be at hit!
A white shirt, some tan colored pants, an ivory swatch Solid Satin fullback vest or full khaki or light colored suit with some Bacco Bucci shoes will make a statement at any outdoor wedding or casual day time event.
As experts in men’s fashion, Sam Michael’s Menswear is home to a wide selection of suits from casual to formal wear. We offer custom tailoring to personalize every look! Call 248.477.4615, visit our site at www.sammichaels.com or stop in today!
Gentlemen, this is a link for your better half, because it’s that time of year when they go hunting for that special something and at Sam Michael’s we bet you don’t need another three pack of navy socks.
Finding the right gift for a father, husband, son, brother, or any man in your life can be tough, but there are things out there he can use and won’t leave your purse too light.
A wallet is always a great idea, as they are useful, practical, and can be stylish. A wallet as a gift is one way to almost be sure the person who gets it will always think of who it’s from each and every time they use it.
Does he have a bow tie? Maybe not, but they make a great addition to any man’s wardrobe. You can find a bow tie that’s casual yet original and goes with any outfit, or maybe he’s the formal type in need who finds one too many reasons to dress up a tux.
When it comes to jewelry, a nice pair of cufflinks is always a good accent. There’s nothing quite like seeing your man sharply dressed, and it’s the perfect way to add a dose of confidence to any outfit. The gift of a smart accessory can guarantee the compliments will roll in every time he wears it.
Pocket squares, a classic sweater, or a new pair of dress shoes are always an easy hit, and if you know his size and his style there’s no place to shop like Sam Michael’s. Our staff can walk you through the right jeans, sport coat, suit, tie, or accessory for the man you love, so stop in today and let us make this Christmas a very merry one.
So, you’ve been invited to an event stating ‘Cocktail Attire’ as the dress code. Hmmm… what now? We’ve seen this many times. Like many men, you have probably begun reaching into your closet with hope of finding a solution to this vague form of dress.
So, how do you execute this look?
First, let’s start by taking a look at the occasions in which cocktail dress may be required. These occasions are commonly known as: weddings, anniversaries, engagement parties, christenings, certain sporting events, formal birthday gatherings or celebrations, and cocktail parties, of course.
As the name suggests, cocktail attire is too formal for day wear, yet too relaxed for full black tie. It is the semi- formal, ‘between the hours’ dress code. Here’s how to translate this to your ensemble.
- Tailoring. This is the most vital component of it all. The most common options are a dark blazer or sport jacket and trousers. Unconventional shades will give your outfit a modern edge. It’s also acceptable to mix and match your jacket and trousers. However, denim is still unacceptable for these types of events. Always have a slim cut for your suit.
- Shirting. A crisp dress shirt is essential to your cocktail hour look. Make sure it is freshly laundered and well-pressed. For a more traditional feel, choose a solid tone. For another option, choose a light pinstripe or low-key check. Just make sure your suit isn’t patterned if you go this path.
- Footwear. Leather oxfords are the standard choice. Choose black or dark tan as a statement paired with your tailoring. Sleek tassel loafers are also another choice. Whatever footwear you choose, remember to give your shoes a good polish to ensure they look their best.
- Neckwear. While it is acceptable at certain cocktail events to go without a tie, your choice of neckwear is a chance to push limits. With a plain shirt, add an eye- catching pattern or color scheme. With a patterned suit or shirt, keep things simple with a minimal design that will complement the rest of your look.
- Accessories. This is the final detail. With a pocket square, keep this in mind when choosing your tie. You don’t want your pocket square to clash with your tie. But, you don’t want to be too matchy-matchy. A good quality belt is very important. Cuff links can add a touch of elegance to your semi-formal look.
It’s okay to bend the rules a little bit. Just keep in mind to be polished without being too prim. After all, clothing should be about expression, not conformity. As experts in men’s fashion, Sam Michael’s Menswear is home to a wide selection of casual to formal wear. Call 248.477.4615 or visit us today for a personalized look, tailored for a purpose.